Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Any Day is Tea Time - "Madame Lefoux accepted a cup of tea and sat on another little settee, next to the relocated calico cat. The cat clearly believed Madame Lefoux was there to provide chin scratches. Madame Lefoux provided." ~ Gail Carriger

With all my traveling, my tea pots and posts have gotten behind.  So set the kettle on, drink up and read my latest finds!


And I'm sure she would have been drinking Mint Choc Rooibos from Madame Flavour
Oh my goodness, this is the closest thing to drinking a Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie!
I brewed a HydroFlask to take to art class yesterday, directly in so I didn't get a chance to snap a photo of it brewed...and I didn't want to use up another one of the precious (only 10 in a box!?)  sachets.  Absent the photo, trust me on this one.  Here's the quote on the box - "For me this treat of mint and dark chocolate is a story of perfect partners.  It brings together wonderful memories one of a particular after dinner treat..."

Ingredients:  Rooibos leaf, organic peppermint leaf, cocoa bean pieces, cocoa shells, natural chocolate flavor, dark chocolate drops.

I am making a beeline for this flavor.  Rating:  5+

Not so much the Caramel Oolong.
Squee!
I was disappointed.  Look, there's even a tiny caramel square in the bag!



And it smelled just like those Goetze caramels with the white cream center we used to poke out and eat first.

Ingredients:  First flush oolong leaf tea, caramel pieces, natural caramel flavor, sunflowers.

It brewed to a very light color - and the teabag tore a little bit, perhaps demonstrating its biodegradability.   Plain it had a definite buttery caramel finish, but once I tried to recreate the Goetze caramel by adding the Italian Cream Coffee Mate, while it made it seem more creamy the caramel taste weakened.


I would give it a 3.5.  Perhaps if you used two teabags, but given the fact there are only 10 in a box...you are going to drink through it quickly.  However, if you are seeking the health benefits of oolong tea, this would be a tasty albeit not strongly flavored way to get it.

And kudos to the unique box design - The cube didn't crush in my suitcase!  It's always fun nd interesting to find a tea company company with real people and real stories - check out her beautiful website.


No comments: