Thursday, July 09, 2015

Thursday Tea Time - Deep (voice) Throat

I'm all for the herbs and holistic health
approach!
Three weeks ago, I lost my voice. I mean, it was gone.  Then the sore throat and coughing spells kicked in as silly me, expecting not to talk and rest my voice?!  I just made things worse.  I even named that frog in my throat, Wilbur.  Finally I went to the doctor.   It wasn't bronchitis, it wasn't pneumonia, not sinus nor ear infections, negative test for Strep.  Just an irritation from all the dust blowing here from Africa.  My osteopathic doctor, in addition to prescribing weapons-grade pharmaceuticals to silence the vicious cycle of an "unproductive cough" causing the hoarseness and vice versa, suggested this tea to try.  And my acupuncturist recommended Evergreen's Respitrol CF formula.  (and my doctor gave that his thumbs' up, too!)  Needless to say, I no longer need to take the knockout Rx's.  (Thank goodness.  Unproductive cough?  Unproductive me!)  These have helped me turn the corner.  And walking along the beaches of Galveston!  Done and done!

This week - Traditional Medicinals Throat Coat

Cost: $5.79 at Peak Nutrition in Galveston
(Besides online, I believe you can also find it in Kroger's organics section and at Whole Foods)
Size:  16 tea bags
Caffeine:   No
Type of tea:   Herbal
Steeping time:  10-15 minutes (can reuse again)
Mix ins:   a little bit of Pure Beeing honey
Fragrance:  Marshmallows and anise
Ingredients:  All organic - licorice root, slippery elm bark, marshmallow root, wild cherry bark, bitter fennel fruit, Saigon cinnamon bark, sweet orange peel
Opinion:    My doctor just sung the praises of this tea, which he also drinks himself.  It really does sooth and calm my throat from hoarseness and coughing spells.  It tastes absolutely wonderful.  In fact, I'm going to stock up and start drinking every day closer to the upcoming fall hayfever/allergy season as a preventative.   P.S. And the orange peel did not give me a migraine!
Rating: 5+
Pretty, delicious and good for you!


No comments: