Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Watercolor Wednesday - Watercolor Workshop at the Pearl Museum

I attended another great workshop with Evelyn Bouley at the Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts last week.

My painting of a blooming desert cactus turned into a medley of experimenting with different techniques, so I've taken close-up photos to show what I tried and learned.  And will use again in upcoming projects.

Actually I kind of like the sum of the parts over the whole piece!  I will probably turn them into cards or tiny paintings.  Or use as backgrounds for or parts of another project.  I rarely throw anything I've painted away, but instead find ways to recycle and repurpose my artwork.

Mix it up --
Alcohol spray and table salt!

Imprinting with bubble wrap --
Surprise!  You print before you paint over

Large-grained Mediterranean sea salt

Another example of using a spray bottle of alcohol --
the wetter the paint, the more fun the result!



No comments: