Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Way Back Wednesday - Simplicity 9544

Simplicity 9544
I LOVED this pattern!! 
Picture if you will, the Fall of 1971 - 7th grade Hoover Drive Junior High School. 
Otherwise known as Hell on Earth.   (Gah.  At least I thought I was sew cool.)  
A Mom and Dad-approved way to be able to wear 1) a mini dress, 2) hot pants. 

Picture, too, how cool these boots would still be today!  
I made this twice.  And yes, one of them with the rick-rack.  
(I even put it down the center…and in hot pink!)  
Let's bring back rick-rack.  Rick-rack, like frosting, makes everything better.
(Perhaps not so much being in 7th grade, but I think I got an A for effort, and in rick-rack application)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember making this pattern. Purple doubleknit,with white buttons and trim, but with long bell bottom pants...no hot pants for school allowed. I was in 9th grade.

Gloria