Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thursday Tea Time - Immuni-tea!

This week:  The Republic of Tea Be Well Red Teas - Get Wellness


Cost:   $9.99 at Whole Foods
Number of teabags:   36
Caffeine:   No
Type of tea:   Herbal
Steeping time:  5 to 7 minutes, I went for 7
Add ins:  Natural Bliss Sweet Cream
Ingredients:  Organic rooibos (leaf), licorice (root), ashwagandha (root), European elder berries, astragalus (root), chicory (root), echinacea purpurea (root), natural spice flavor, cardamom and cloves
Fragrance:    Cardamom and cloves, then the distinctive rooibos
Opinion:  Tastes great and will boost my immunity?!  I will gladly drink a mugful of this every day!  I know that previously I said I was getting a bit off on the rooibos, but I like the interesting mingling of herbs and flavors.  The label even says:  "This sassy, spicy blend opens up to reveal sweet aromatic cardamom and assertive cloves with a soothing finish."  True that!   Who wouldn't want to drink and be sassy?!  Some have said it takes getting used to, but I loved it from first sip.  You could drink it plain with a little honey, but just a tiny splash of the sweet cream does me just fine.
Rating:  5  I'm running back for another canister (or two, or three, or four) to get me through the holidays, cold and flu season.

1 comment:

becki-c said...

Good brand. I will admit, I drink their "Get a Grip". Not because of the flavor, it is kind of soothing.