Friday, November 15, 2013

2013 Houston Quilt Festival Finds

I found a couple things and a couple of people at the Houston Quilt Festival this year.
Hope springs eternal breathing in the same creative air will inspire and these little quilting projects may/might turn out.


Mostly these items caught my eye for 1) their simplicity, and 2) their marketing/packaging/pricing.   Plus the booth vendors were very nice.  So a special shout-out to them!

I spoke to Pam Bocko herself, the Pieceful Designs designer of the Flash Cards Notebook Cover at the top of the photo, who even offered to help me via email.  The design is so cute and I loved how the pen is incorporated into the closure.

The bottom one from The Designer's Workshop is called "Coffee Break," but I want to rename my result, "Tea Time"!  I'm almost hesitant to unfold and use the fabric (which is enough to make both designs).  I think it would be a pretty Christmas ornament or sewing room decoration as is!

And for many of the others who wouldn't even look up, acknowledge us or try to sell their items. . .Sorry to bother you, I'm moving on.

But also how friendly were these ladies -- Alex Anderson and Lyric Kinard!  And Alex's husband who offered to take the picture!  Amongst other talents, Lyric also does amazing watercolors.

Flanked by quilting royalty!


No comments: