Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday Tea Time

This week - Mighty Leaf Vanilla Bean

Cost:  $3.88 - On clearance at Target, you can also find this at Whole Foods and online for around $7.79-$9.99.  Whole Foods often puts this on sale for around $4.99-$5.99; and if you are lucky, you may find a coupon attached to the box.
Number of teabags:  15
Caffeine:  Yes
Type of tea:   Black
Steeping time:  4 minutes
Add ins:  A little bit of honey, if even.  It tastes just fine without any sweetener.  A spoonful of CBTL's Fat Free Vanilla really raises the bar, though!  Wow!
Teabag fragrance:  A nice deep vanilla.  Ahh!  Let me whiff that again!
Ingredients:  Black tea, Madagascar vanilla bean bits
Opinion:  I seem black tea drinking lately.  Maybe because of the season changing and I want something a little more robust and flavorful now.  This does the trick with a nice vanilla bean kick, thanks to Madagascar vanilla.   Actually I was surprised to see the sell by date for this was May 2011, and it still tasted great! I found it, unopened when I was going through my pantry.  I'm sure the fact the pouches are individually sealed also helped keep that vanilla strong.  I also used two teabags, just in case.  I am definitely going to pick up a fresh box next time I'm in the store and find it on sale again.
Lately I've been getting Vanilla Bean lattes at Mod Coffee Shop in Galveston, and they put cinnamon in it.  Interesting combination!  So I tried adding a few taps of cinnamon - and voila!  A Vanilla Black Tea latte!   Try it!
Rating:  4

No comments: