Friday, September 14, 2012

No Fry For Five



When I was walking out of the Rec Center after my morning swim, I saw a poster announcing the "No Fry For Five" Challenge for September.  You can visit the Shape Up Houston website to register for prizes if you pledge to not eat any fried foods for five days of the week.   Or just try and follow along on your own.
(Sounded A LOT better than signing up for  racquetball - yikes!)

That includes french fries and chips -- oh, oh.  That could be a toughie.  But you do get two days a week to enjoy and for good behavior.  It's all about balance and never saying never, right?

I'm going to do it - the Rec Center had these wrist bands at the front desk  if you promised to sign up online.  I know it sure helped me when I went grocery shopping afterwards - pausing and then walking right by the chip aisle!

No comments: