Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday Tea Time - Namastea!

This week - Tazo - Lotus, Om and Zen

Cost:  Around $3.50-$4.00 at Target.
Starbucks also sells the Zen in tin box  of 15 sachets for $6.95 and also a box of 12 K-Cups.
Number of teabags:  20
Caffeine:  Lotus - No
Om - Yes
Zen - A little
Type of tea:   Lotus - Green
Om -   Green and black
Zen - Green
Steeping time:  3 minutes
Add ins:  Lotus - Plain, and with honey, perfect!
Om - Plain, honey, even CBTL Vanilla Powder couldn't salvage this.
Zen - Plain or honey, I even tried the CBTL powder
Ingredients:  Lotus - Naturally decaffeinated green tea, natural lotus flower flavor
Om - Organic darjeeling green and black teas and natural flavors of cucumber and peach
Zen - Green tea, lemon verbena, spearmint leaves, lemongrass and natural flavors
Opinion: Lotus - This had a very pleasant, flowery scent and brewed to a nice amber color.  Not a lot of zip to this, but if you are looking for a subtle tea to sip, try this.  Very light and clean, best to drink by itself.
Om - Cucumber?!  What was I thinking?  You couldn't even taste the peach.  It wasn't even a cucumber taste, just oddly grassy-mysterious vegetable flavor and scent.  And what an odd aftertaste!  No matter what I added.  I dumped it down the drain.
Zen - This is the green iced tea Starbucks sells.  I love this iced. I was curious to try it hot.  I was not that impressed.  It was, Okaaayyy.  I have so many other teas (understatement) which I like better hot than this.  Iced, it is still a winner!
Rating:  Lotus - 3
Om - 0
Zen - 4 - iced, 2 - hot

No comments: