Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Wednesday Work In Progress - Burda 5223

"Old Reliable" Burda 5223 --  You can see the date I first made it, May 1993!   The original published date is 1989!  I really loved the old-school Burda with the green tissue sheets and you had to add the seam allowances.  A true testimony how sturdy and how much I miss that almost waxy pattern paper.   I have lost track of how many times I've sewn this kimono wrap robe pattern for my hubby in all types of fabric - including cottons, fleece and knits.  (click here for a link to some of them) The cotton seersucker fabric was on sale at Jo-Ann's a few weeks ago.  While I love the pattern, it is a fabric hog - I need 5 yards!  And I usually get 5 1/2 especially in cotton's narrower fabrications and shrinkage.  The sleeves are usually wider than the fabric, and they alone crunch up almost a yard right there.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Wow that is a lot of fabric.