Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday Tea Time

This week - Tea Forte' White Ginger Pear

Cost: I can't remember exactly, I want to say around $6.99 at Central Market
Number of teabags: 16  (regular teabags, not the pyramid style shown on the website)
Caffeine: Very little
Type of tea: White
Steeping time: 5 minutes
Add ins:  OK as is first sip, I tapped a bit from a packet of Stevia to try and bring out the pear a little bit more.  It helped, but not much.
Teabag fragrance: Ginger
Ingredients: Organic white tea, organic lemon balm leaves, organic blackberry leaves, organic ginger root, natural pear flavor, natural apple flavor and organic mallow flowers.
Opinion: While I liked the interesting combination of ingredients. I was disappointed.  It's not a bad tea, but I wouldn't seek it out again.  I thought there would be a stronger overall flavor.  I'm going to try two tea bags the next time*, but for the price which was a little high for only 16 teabags, this may not be worth it except to finish the box.  The ginger overpowers the pear, which appears as an after note, albeit nice but faint.  As far as an iced tea, it is just too weak to stand up to ice. *Update:  Two teabags work much better!
My conclusion is the Celestial Seasonings Perfectly Pear White Tea has a better pear flavor and a better price.
Rating: 2

No comments: