Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday Tea Time

This week - Revolution Sweet Ginger Peach Black Tea

Cost: $5.99 at HEB, $4.99 with their instore coupon-conveniently hanging next to the teas.
Number of teabags: 16 "flow through infuser bags", which are inside a resealable foil pouch
Caffeine: Yes
Type of tea: Black
Steeping time: 3-4 minutes per the box, I did 5 minutes without looking at the box until now.
Add ins: Half packet of Stevia and a splash of Vanilla Silk Pure Coconut Milk helped give it a nice tropical flavor.
Teabag fragrance: Very peachy!
Ingredients: Ceylon and Assam teas, ginger root and peach flavor.
Opinion: Per the Revolution website, Sweet Ginger Peach is their most popular flavor. I can see why. Without any add-ins, you can detect the ginger a bit more. With the add-ins, the flavor it is really peachy. This is probably the peachiest tea I've tried. I wonder if they are affiliated with Zhena Gypsy Teas? When I scanned the barcode with the My Fitness Pal App, it showed up as Peach Ginger Black Tea (Organic) Zhena's Gypsy Tea. Interesting. Also the tea is very strong - sometimes I use two when I'm making a big mug - with this one, one was good.
Rating: 4.5

No comments: