Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday Tea Time




Cost: $8.99 at Central Market in Austin, TX
Number of teabags: 20
Caffeine: No
Type of tea: Herbal
Steeping time: 5 minutes
Add ins: Great by itself - brews to such a pretty apricot color. I also tried it with Silk Fat Free Almond milk, and then with the almond milk and 1/2 package of Stevia. All three versions were just delicious. And if you are watching your carbs (and you had eaten a cookie earlier in the day, ahem), you really, truly, honestly don't need any sweetener of any type.
Teabag fragrance: Apricot! Almond! I keep opening the box as I'm typing this just to take another whiff.
Ingredients: Organic honeybush, organic rooibos, natural apricot flavor, organic marigold flowers and other natural flavors.
Opinion: Let's just say I went a little tea-crazy at Central Market. Their tea section...! They even have loose-bulk teas, which I will be reviewing later. I even bought their canvas bag which says "Really Into Food" I should cross out and put "Tea!" This tea is terrific! And indeed truth in labeling an "Herbal Retreat - Organic Relaxation Tea" Let me continue reading from the bonus cute steel tin, which measures 2 3/4" x 5 1/2", 2" deep . . . "A double delight of sweet apricot and juicy peach with nuanced notes of almond, artfully evoking Saronno, Italy, the birthplace of amaretto." Oh, those wrapped cookies in the red tin my boss used to get at Christmastime each year! This is probably the apricot-iest tea I've ever had with a nice sweet combo of almond. That job and tin box of cookies is long gone, but I will be getting more of this tin box of tea to put in my bag.
Rating: 5+

No comments: