Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bye-Bye Borders

If you are a Borders Rewards member, print that 30% off coupon and get to the store ASAP. You can't use it once the store closing sale begins (I heard this Friday). Go now and get your first choice and best selection of books. When some of the other stores in the Houston area closed earlier, it took a few weeks for the markdowns to get higher than 25% and even then, the shelves were pretty bare.


I think it's a bit sad that the three stores Borders, Amazon and Barnes & Noble could not co-exist. While Borders prices were higher (no discounts save for an occasional coupon), they carried an interesting and different collection of books and magazines than the books and mortar BN.

P.S. I found the reusable totebag at the Borders on Kirby, on sale already for 30% off - $1.39!

1 comment:

Maryissewfast said...

We still have a few Borders in our area, but lost the downtown Portland store last year, which was a crying shame. It was right across the street from our Guide Dogs for the Blind Portland center and was my lunchbreak hangout! Hope you get some great bargains...I still have a stack of books I'm working on!