Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday Tea Time



This week - Third St. Chai Black Tea Latte "Spicy Ginger"

Cost: $4.99 at Whole Foods

Number of teabags: N/A, it's a liquid concentrate - 32 fl. ounces

Caffeine: Yes

Type of tea: Black

Mix ins: Skim milk

Fragrance: Hoo-ey! GINGER!!

Ingredients: Filtered water, evaporated cane juice, Fair Trade black tea, cardamon, clove, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, fennel, nutmeg, citric acid. All organic save the citric acid and water.

Opinion: I thought I would like this, but I did not. I tried it cold, I tried it hot. It is very strong, very gingery-hot; and I only used 1/3 concentrate to 2/3 skim milk. While I usually don't like a chai with black pepper, I was willing to give it a try, based upon the other interesting-sounding combination of ingredients.

Rating: 0

No comments: