Sunday, May 29, 2011

Moonflowers bloomed last night!

This was taken at 7:20 PM, just as they were starting to open. The first two blossoms of the season. Absolutely intoxicating fragrance!! The flowers measure six inches across. I love the "starfish" in the center. They are very easy to grow. Soak the seeds overnight and the next day either sow directly into the ground or in little starter containers. I went the latter route this year, germinating eight to transplant, of which I ended up with three plants. Not bad really, in previous years I've had "Moonflowerganza" with just one. What a trooper bloomer--one night no less than 11 opened, scenting not only the State of Texas but my house inside!

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy!!! My neighbor has morning glorys but doesn't ever get to see them due to leaving early for work... I suggested the MOONFLOWER to them as an alternative... that way they can enjoy them in the evening while sitting out on their patio!

Yes... bought ALL the HK duct tape we could find between here and the OLD DOMINION... stopped at every bullseye we saw!!! Will be gifting some to besties and keeping some for ourselves!

Lala :o)

Peggy said...

I offered some HK tape to my handyman...! He said he brought his own. Wouldn't it be funny if it was Badtz Maru?! : )