Friday, May 27, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

This recipe was from the inside of a Jell-O Instant Pudding box circa 1980-1981? It's a favorite cookie to make, but it makes A LOT! Perfect when you need mass quantities. As I did for a picnic this past weekend. I used Kroger brand's Chocolate Fudge for an extra dose of chocolate. Usually I use the vanilla. I also added sprinkles to the batter for a extra bit of color and fun.

2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick unsalted butter
1 stick margarine
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package instant pudding mix, 4 portion size
2 eggs
1 package chocolate chips, 12 ounces

Mix flour with baking soda. Combine butter, margarine, the sugars, vanilla and pudding mix in a large bowl. Beat by hand until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, gradually add to flour mixture. Stir in chips, the batter will be stiff. Drop rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

Makes between 4-5 dozen cookies

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am on a chocolate chip cookie kick right now and those look delicious. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog all weekend and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/05/sweets-for-saturday-19.html

Lisa said...

Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday. I hope you'll be able to join in again sometime.