Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday Tea Time


This week - Tazo Organic Apple Red -Herbal Infusion-

Cost: $3.59 at Super Target
Number of teabags: 20 paper-wrapped "Filterbags"
Caffeine: No
Type of tea: Herbal
Steeping time: 5 minutes
Double-Dipping potential: Yes, 6 minutes Not that noticeable loss of flavor
Mix ins: A little bit of sugar. I tried honey the first time, thinking it would bring out the caramel - patooey! Dumped that down the drain.
Teabag fragrance: Sweet apple
Ingredients: African Rooibos, cinnamon, natural flavors, apple and chamomile
Taste: Like buttery apple cider. Not overly sweet or cinnamon-y
Opinion: Pretty caramel-red color. The more I drink it, the more I like it. Definitely a contender for iced in the summer. Soothing warm. I would buy this again.
Rating: 4 teabags

1 comment:

Scuttleboose said...

I love this section of your blog! My husband is a big fan of tea and not so much a fan of good nutrition, so I will definitely share these healthy flavors with him! Thanks! :)