Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A snowball's chance...Kwik Sew 2779 PJ Pants


Kwik Sew 2779 PJ pants

(No, they aren't wonky, I was trying to show the trim on the side.)


I wanted a pair of sleep pants to go with a Nick and Nora sleepshirt. I love Target's Nick and Nora sleepwear line - such cute fabric designs! (I thought this print looked like snowballs)

Even though 2779 is for knits, there is plenty of ease to make them out of a woven. Either cut up a size for your first try or add 3/8" to the seam edges. The pants also run long, I only had to add 1" in length.

I especially like these because they are one-seam/one pattern piece pants. There is a line to add trim. In my case, I added the lace along the fabric fold, which was discolored from light exposure. Well, it made it easy to keep a nice straight line! And Kwik Sew's elastic application is super easy and super fast. You serge the elastic to the top edge, fold over and stitch. Perfect!

Unfortunately, 2779 is now discontinued, but you may be able to score a copy on the Internet. Kwik Sew also sells pulled patterns online, but at $25 a pop. My bet is that this popular design has been reissued under another number in their current catalog.

No comments: