Monday, November 16, 2009

Chicken Thighs with Olives and Tomato Sauce - Cooking Light, March 2009



From the March 2009 issue of Cooking Light, page 106 - Chicken Thighs with Olives and Tomato Sauce



A very good result with a few changes -- I used a package of Costco's boneless chicken thighs and regular black olives. (Someone around here got into the kalamata ones. But the regular black olives were able to step up to the plate.) Since it was a smaller amount of chicken thighs, I only used one can (14 ounce) of diced tomatoes and also reduced the tomato paste to 2 tablespoons. Minced about 3 small/medium garlic cloves. I also substituted 1/4 cup of chicken broth for the white wine. Because these were boneless thighs, it was finished in a little under three hours. I had to turn it down from High to Low after about an hour and half. It all fit into the smaller, 3 quart crockpot.

Served over spaghetti, this is a nice variation to meatballs. The chicken thighs really picked up all the flavors. Easily served three people with leftovers. Definitely a keeper and will make again!

2 comments:

becki-c said...

I just bought a bog of those chicken thighs too. This looks scrumptous! Much healthier than meatballs. I also just got a subscription to Cooking Light through Amazon.

Sharon Sews said...

Mmmmm, that looks really good. I think I'll try that one later this week!