Friday, June 13, 2008

Today's Favorite iPod Workout Song

Blondie, "One Way or Another" 3:36
The Best of Blondie

Over the past couple of years, I've seen this lady working out on the treadmills and in the weight machines area. She's older, but I had no idea how old - I pegged her at early 60's at the most, and looking very good. Today overhearing locker room chat a few aisles over, she was talking to another older lady, who I've seen swimming and doing water exercises (the treadies look out over the pool). Imagine my shock (and motivation) when they started discussing their ages - swimming lady - 80! workout lady - 78! and the trips they take - 80 year old - South Africa last year, 78 year old - annual trips Argentina. Perhaps it's good genes or a combination of good genes and taking care of what you've got and still have working. After the younger left, I started chatting with with the other lady and expressed my admiration they both looked so good and not their age, and how I hoped I could someday attain their grace and attitude. She said no problem, she herself only started working out at the age of 70! So lesson learned today - it's never too late to start and stay the course.