Thursday, May 10, 2007

OK, are they wise to the likes of me? (and others?)

Armed with my 40% off Jo-Ann's coupon, I head to the magazine rack for the $$ magazines - Belle Armoire, Craft, etc. Like being in a candy store, which one?! Feeling "smarter than the average bear, " I go to checkout with my treasure and present the coupon - tah-dah! But, no go! They are "on sale" - 10% off, so I can't use the coupon. On sale? I don't recall Jo-Ann's putting their magazines on sale. And the coinky-dink timing with a 40% coupon circular?! It must have been an in-store sale, it wasn't even mentioned in the ad. Boo hiss. At least the mailer 40% off coupon is good through May 23. The insert they gave me at the store has another 40% off coupon good May 13/19. Hopefully their magazine "sale" will be over soon. . .Though for the cheaper magazines, 10% plus the 10% ASG discount is 20% is pretty good. However, when you are dropping some serious coin ($15 for a magazine?!), $6 savings is more substantial than $3. And they didn't even have the new Threads magazine issue Barnes & Noble is already displaying.
Pretty soon those Jo-Ann's coupons are going to look more and more like the "Bed, Bath and Beyond" ones, wherein the small print lists more and more cannot be used on items...

No comments: