Thursday, May 17, 2007

Back again!


I wanted to see if Hancock's had the new Kwik Sew 3461, featured in the current Threads Magazine (#131, page 24) pattern review, and they did! 70% off ($2.85). Then I started looking to see if they might have something suitable for the DKNY Vogue 2970 skirt - it called for 3 3/8 yard of 60" wide, and for a funky skirt, I really didn't want to invest too much $$. I found the dark green lightweight woven with lighter green/khaki cross threads 60% off ($4.72 total at $1.18/yard) I got 4 yards because it looked to be like a "mystery" fabric and didn't know if it would shrink. Then 2 spools of matching thread ($1.20) and a 9" zipper because I couldn't remember if it needed one, they didn't have the current Vogue Pattern Book, and at 80% off (43 cents), better to be safe and stash if necessary. While I was at the cutting table, someone had abandoned this pretty wine trim. Took that home, too ($1.68).

So, the current deals as of this week -- Patterns 70% off, zippers 70% off, all buttons are 80% off, the good $$ trims 70%, fabric discount up to 60%. If you are looking for the name brand quilting fabrics, there's lots of bolts of - Alexander Henry, St. Jude's, etc., included at the 60% off.

And still clutching my 40% off coupon, I went to Jo-Ann's, and their magazines are still on sale, though this time their sign had the small print at the bottom - "Effective 5-6/5-19" Guess where I'll be on the 20th? :-) Probably looking at another sale sighn (sic). . .

No comments: