Monday, May 28, 2007

Birthday gifts

This is an eyeglass case for my Mom's birthday. She loves purple! The inspiration came from the "Stitch and Sizzle Accessories" book I bought when Hancock's first began their store closing sale. (March 21 blog entry)
The fabric is more of that purple linen from the now-deconstructed Sewing Workshop Tamari apron (Valentine's Part 2-February 11 blog entry), some fat quarter fabric for the upper wings and silk scraps for the lower wings. I think orange and purple look unexpectedly cool together. The pink faceted teardrops are vintage, the center is from an old earring and the others are from beads collected along the road of life.

I thought I would also put to good use this shaggy fleece scrap to line/protect.


And here's a little something special for Kitty to celebrate with! It's a leftover Hoffman fabric scrap from L's 4th birthday party. I made her a vest and the goodie bags from it. Going around the "designer label" I machine embroidered her name, the year and some hearts!




No comments: