Monday, June 02, 2008

Burda 7966 View C - Shorts


Here are the shorts from Burda 7966. As I mentioned in my earlier post, these are closely fitted and you may want to add some extra to the sides for fitting insurance. I just went up two sizes for L since they have an elastic waist and she wanted a looser fit. They have the same waistband as the 7965 split skirt, but L didn't want a real drawstring, so I just cut a piece of elastic the needed length, used a scrap to make a bow tie and sewed it over the the casing opening. The shorts aren't short-short, but I added an extra inch in length just in case. There's good back coverage, as it is very slightly longer than the front.

(The Viking F card star stitch to secure the side seam slit) --->

These will probably be sleep shorts, as it was the leftover fabric from the Burda 7789 skirt. I sure got a lot of bang for my fabric buck with that Red Tag sale!