Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thursday Tea Time - Rose Flavored Glass

This week - The Steeping Room - The Empress' Cup

(kudos to them for correct placement of the possessive apostrophe)

Cost:  $5
Number of tea bags:  N/A it is loose-leaf.  One ounce pouch
Caffeine:  Yes
Type of tea:  Black
Steeping time:  3 minutes
Mix ins: Nothing
Ingredients:  Black tea, rose, rose petals
Fragrance:   Rose
Opinion:  I tasted and bought this tea on the spot at the Texas Tea Festival in Austin last Sunday.  And next time I am back in Austin, I will definitely buy more.  This is the best rose flavored/scented tea I have ever had.  Even beating out the Numi White Rose tea.   It doesn't need a thing, no sweetener, no cream.  It stands by itself.  I was surprised how sweetI bet this would be wonderful iced, too.   Good thing you only need a teaspoon, hopefully the pouch will last longer until I can return.   There are two locations in Austin and they have an organic, vegan and gluten-free menu.  I'm so glad they had a booth at the Festival!
Rating:  5+



No comments: