Thursday, February 05, 2015

Thursday Tea Time - I can't believe it's not butter

This week - Art of Tea Butterscotch

Cost:  $10.99 online - was, it is no longer available.
Number of tea bags:  N/A it is loose-leaf.  Approximately 50 cups
Caffeine:  Yes
Type of tea: White
Steeping time:  3 minutes
Mix ins: Nothing
Ingredients:  Organic White Tea, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Pink Peppercorn, Organic Marigolds, Natural Flavors
Fragrance:  Strong yummy butterscotch scent
Opinion:   Alas, another Limited Edition, and it is no longer available.  I hope they bring it back this Fall.  I like the fact it is a white tea and very delicate.  And it really has a buttery taste!  The first time I added my old standby, Natural Bliss and it was good.  However, this almost tastes better plain.  (Which is good.  I'm back to My Fitness Pal, counting carbs and sugar and calories.  That app keeps you honest and gives you a reality check.  Optional equipment:  Duct tape for your mouth.  Or tea like this!)  This isn't a sickeningly sweet butterscotch flavor like the Nestle chips.  Instead it vaguely reminds me of Butter Rum Lifesavers.  But it's not that strong, and that's why you should drink it plain so you can taste the flavors and not hide them.
Rating:  4, only because I will have to wait to see if they bring it back



No comments: