Thursday, April 03, 2014

Thursday Tea Time

This week - The Republic of Tea Hi Caf Teas - Caramel Black

Cost:   $12.99 at Whole Foods
Number of teabags:  50 !
Caffeine:  Hell Yes! (123 mg)
For comparison, Coffee has 100mg
Type of tea:   Black, with Green tea extract
Steeping time:  3 to 5 minutes, I set the timer on this one - 3 minutes
Add ins:  Just a little Natural Bliss creamer
Ingredients:  Black tea, green tea extract, natural caramel flavor
Fragrance:  Caramel
Opinion:  This is good!  I mean, really good!  I've been liking caramel tea, as it is a way to enjoy the sweetness of the caramel without destroying dental work or creating more trouble.  And sometimes you just the like the more robustness of black tea instead of the green and rooibos teas.   This one packs a punch!  I drank it in the morning and went strong all day.   No jitters or tachycardia, just a good energy boost.  Bonus it tastes so good.  Not an artificial or cloyingly sweet caramel flavor.  I also like that for the money, you do get a lot of tea bags.  Check out my earlier sip of Hi Caf Gingermint Green.  I also have the Hi Caf Toasted Coconut Black tea in an upcoming review.
Rating:  5

No comments: