Friday, June 28, 2013

Splash!

LOVE this piece by Deb from High Tide Gallery in St. Augustine, Florida

Pretty in Purple!
I had to get a new iPod Shuffle…and new swimming holder from X-1, (formerly H20 Audio) 

This one clips onto the back of my goggles - no more funny tan line on my left arm!
The armband was going on almost 2 1/2 years - exposed to the Texas sun and heat and water.   
It wasn't the seal, but the plastic window which failed - LEAKED!   
My little green iPod Shuffle was swimming like a fishie inside! 
I attempted to dry it in rice, but when I tried to charge it, both the Shuffle and the charger became extremely HOT after only a few minutes when I checked to see if the power light came back on.  
(It didn't).   
Fortunately, at their discretion, Apple will sometimes discount a new iPod up to 10% in exchange for the old one.  And in my case, after hearing the story, they gave me the 10% off!  
X-1's customer service was very supportive and sympathetic.  Even due to its age and the fact they no longer make that version anymore, they gave me a very generous discount and free shipping to replace it with the new and more popular one.

No comments: