Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday Tea Time

Didn't crop the photo, I though it looked pretty cool as is!

This week -- Bigelow Cinnamon Stick and Bigelow Vanilla Chai.  Remember when the Bigelow teas came in tins?  Early 80's, I had them lined up along the top of my not-used-much stove.  They looked really nice.  One of them was the Cinnamon Stick (the others, Lemon Lift, Constant Comment, and, and, one other...oh!  Plantation Mint).  

Cost:  $1.49 - $2.49 at Kroger and Target.  Can usually get on sale for around $2
Caffeine:  Yes
Type of tea:   Black
Steeping time:  3-5 minutes
Add ins:  Natural Bliss Sweet Cream.  I tried the Vanilla with the chai and it was too sweet.
Tea fragrance:   Cinnamon for Cinnamon Stick, and caramel for the Vanilla Chai, oddly.
Ingredients:  Cinnamon:  Black tea and cinnamon, Vanilla Chai:  Black tea, spices, natural and artificial flavors
Opinion:  I always thought Cinnamon Stick tasted like a mug of cinnamon toast.  Talk about comfort tea.  I like it when I'm feeling a bit under the weather and when the weather is a bit drab outside.  I should also try it iced in the summer.   This is one of my favorite cinnamon teas, surprisingly.
The Vanilla Chai was a disappointment.  It didn't have a lot of oomph, so I doubled and put two teabags in.  That made it stronger, but jeepers, I'm about to use three next time.  I don't know why it is so weak.
Rating:  Cinnamon Stick:  4,  Vanilla Chai: 2 because I need to double/triple the bags.

No comments: