Monday, December 10, 2012

Thursday Tea Time - Special Monday Edition

This week - The Spice & Tea Exchange Limited Edition Pumpkin Caramel

I am jumping the post with this because 1) it is limited edition and 2) it is so good! and 3) Why wait until Thursday if you can order it now and then have it sooner?!
And I have so many great Winter/seasonal teas waiting to be reviewed!  "Teas the Season" -- haha! I like that phrase!


Cost:  $5.89 online, $5 (3/$15) at the St. Augustine, Florida Spice & Tea Exchange store
Number of teabags:  1 ounce
Caffeine:  Yes
Type of tea:   Black
Steeping time:  5 minutes
Add ins:  Just a splash of Coffee Mate's Natural Bliss Sweet Cream.
Tea fragrance:  Caramel!!
Ingredients:  Black Tea, Cinnamon Chunks, Cloves, Cardamom, Natural Pumpkin and Caramel Flavors
Opinion:  If you can't get to St. Augustine or any of their other retail stores, order this online.  You only need 1 1/2 teaspoons in your filter teabag.  This was taken after the first one and I used two teaspoons.  The leaves really expanded!  I've already had three rounds of this and I've barely made a dent in the baggie.  (I've also re-used an earlier in the day tea bag with a little bit less of a new fresh one and couldn't tell the difference in strength or flavor.  This is good stuff!)   I would really call this more of a caramel tea.  I don't taste the pumpkin.  You can detect a spiciness but pumpkin?  No.  Just a mugful of caramel cream tea goodness.  And the advantage of a nice black tea caffeine buzz.
Rating:  4


No comments: