Saturday, October 06, 2012

Butterick 5744 Version 2

Yee Haw, it's Fall!
My second version of Butterick 5744
I narrowed the flounce to two inches so it would fit and look better under/over sweaters and jackets.  I think this is a great versatile and transitional Texas Fall dress, where our temperatures can zing from 90 to 65 in a matter of hours.
(I also finished it with two hours to spare before my meeting!)

Click here for earlier post tracking --
Sunday, Wednesday
Here's the first version!




I hope to make this again next Spring, maybe in a lightweight denim.  This is really a great pattern --  grab it at the next  Jo-Ann's pattern sale for $1.99 October 11/13.

The only thing I would suggest is adding about 1 1/2" to the center front of the bodice tapering back to the sides. Even with staystitching, attaching that ruffle hikes it up.



2 comments:

Monica said...

it looks terrific a perfect pattern for you.

becki-c said...

Beautiful! I love the red shoes.