Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thursday Tea Time

This week - Zhena's Gypsy Tea, "Red Lavender"

Cost:  $6.99 at Wegmans in Rochester, NY
Number of teabags:  22
Caffeine:  No
Type of tea:   Herbal
Steeping time:  4-6 minutes
Add ins:  Half a packet of Stevia
Teabag fragrance:  Rooibos-y with a hint of lavender
Ingredients:  Just two!  South African rooibos and French lavender blossoms
Opinion:  Not bad at all, I was surprised.  I bought it because it was a interesting combination. Lavender?  Cool!  And I like rooibos for all its health benefits. It brews to a pretty pink-brown color, and has an unusual, can't-really-place-it taste.  No, not odd, just different, in a good way.  I liked it a lot! It was a very nice after dinner mug of tea.  If I can find it locally in Houston, I would definitely get it again.  If not, it's available online.
Rating:  4


No comments: