Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Shopping for Inspiration


Where do I find inspiration sometimes?  Believe it or not, grocery stores!  I love to shop grocery stores, but not in the usual way with a list and purpose.  If I have time to spare, and I’m in a different town, I will go to a grocery store.  I love Whole Foods (each one is different), Central Market (especially in Austin), Wegmans in Rochester, NY, or any regional, Signature and Flagship stores.  I’m especially drawn to the tea aisles, but that’s another post and posting series – “Thursday Tea Time”.

The other day I wandered down the wine aisle, mesmerized by all the interesting labels, and I saw this one.  I wonder if it tastes like macaroon cookies?   Besides the idea of cookie wine (!), I was drawn to the label itself – the colors and the highlighting touch of metallic silver, and the pairing of the colors together,  were very pleasing to my eye.  I thought these colors could be used in an upcoming project, or  to play with the color wheel  for secondary combinations and beyond.

Keep your eyes open and your camera/phone handy – you never know where inspiration opportunities await and what you will find.

4 comments:

julee jingle said...

Italian Proseco inspired by macaroons? How can it miss! Love bubbly wine but most especially proseco. I'll have to look for it at our Whole Foods here in Washington. Thanks for the inspiration this morning!

Tammy Gilley said...

Ooooh, I'd love to try this wine, wouldn't you? The label is lovely, and what a great place to find inspiration - the grocery store! You've inspired me!

Unknown said...

Good eye! That label is awesome. I would so buy that wine just for the label, lol!

Unknown said...

Great eye! I would buy that wine just for the label alone, lol!!