Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday Tea Time

This week - Mighty Leaf Orange Dulce

Cost: $6.49 at Whole Foods
Number of teabags: 15
Caffeine: Yes
Type of tea: Black and Green
Steeping time: Per label 4 minutes
Add ins: I am trying to watch the carbs. As much as I like the fat-free condensed milk in my tea (and sneaking in an extra teaspoon in my mouth), I need to change it up. Stevia doesn't count as a carb and doesn't raise the blood sugar. But it is really sweet. (this coming from the girl who just confessed above to "one for tea, one for me" with the condensed milk can!?) I find half a package of "Stevia in the Raw" makes it sweet enough. I also tried the fat free half and half and liked it too. The Shamrock Farms brand not only has a cute cow logo, but it is hormone-free.
Teabag fragrance: Orange
Ingredients: Black tea, green tea, jasmine flowers, natural flavors.
Opinion: Disappointing. And pricey, too. On the positive side, it didn't give me a migraine as most citrus does. On the negative side, to me it was bitter tasting. Straight/plain, with half and half + Stevia, + honey, + sugar. Ka-ching, ka-ching went my carb count servings, damn! I really tried to like it. But nothing could make my perception of bitter better. I couldn't taste the jasmine and the vanilla was faint at best.
Rating: 0

No comments: