Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"I need to incorporate more metal in my life to create balance..."



Early 27th wedding anniversary gift!


I've always wanted to learn how to spin and jump. I'm also happy just gliding and flying around the rink, too. And I never had a brand new and fit to me pair of ice skates. Throw in the purple glitter guards and Hello Kitty soakers -- My inner seven year old is thrilled!












When my sister and I were growing up (and our feet were growing, too!), we would get our ice skates at Cook's Hardware in Rochester, NY. They had rows of used skates, and each year we would trade up/size up to hit the ice -- The city would flood and ice over the parking lot near Charlotte Beach...or tennis courts at the park (they took the nets down!). In high school we even had ice skating for gym class at a nearby indoor rink. And yes, I had purple jingle bell pompoms back then, too!

1 comment:

stillblooming said...

Love this posting. You are so fun girl!!!!