Sunday, November 20, 2011

Oh! The Places You Will Go - Colorado Edition

While visiting Colorado Springs, Colorado earlier this week, a group of us rode the Pikes Peak Cog Railway. (Oh yes, yours truly was 14,115 feet in the air. Which was 15 degrees, and that said air was blowing at 70 mph - creating a windchill effect of -50 degrees. Yes, minus!)










But on the way to Pikes Peak, we went through this fun, quirky town called Manitou Springs. The next day, we took a cab and spent a few hours there. Got a pizza at Marilyn's Pizza House (decorated with all Marilyn Monroe photos), "The Royal Canadian Mountie on a Surfboard." Canadian bacon, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, pineapple and basil. Super yum!Bought Hawaiian Salted Chocolate Bark at Chocolate & Ice Cream . . .




Warmed up with a White Chocolate Raspberry Mocha latte (I almost got the White Chocolate Pumpkin latte, but the eenie-meenie-meinie-moe game sealed the liplock fate) at Marika's Coffeehouse...and a takehome package of Rooibos Caramel Cream looseleaf tea (watch for upcoming Thursday Teatime review!) bought purely on the scent alone. I had to keep from opening the bag and shoving a wad of tea leaves in my mouth right then and there.


And then we stopped in this store with a bathtub out front filled with concrete soap bubbles called Salus. There I found and bought for $15 three "slices" of homemade, organic soaps -- Sand Dunes, Tahitian Vanilla and Tuberose.


Earlier in the day, I went to Seven Falls - so beautiful and icy this time of year.































And two days before that, I went to the United States Figure Skating Museum - Here's Michelle Kwan's skating outfit from the Long Program of the 2002 Olympic Winter Games, designed by Vera Wang. All in all, a fun little escapade to Colorado and Colorado Springs, as I try to see, eat, drink and shop my way through all 50 states!
_____
Now y'all know I do not accept advertising, nor promotionals - anything I blog about here is just personally what I like. And figure well, maybe you might, too. I also love to support and encourage people to shop independent stores and entrepreneurs. Win-win all around. They stay in business and I don't miss out when I need more or want to visit again.

2 comments:

Monica said...

yummy food.

DanainDFW said...

I LOVE Co. Springs! It's my favorite place to escape the hot N TX weather in the summer. Glad you enjoyed your visit and made it to Manitou Springs - isn't it great?