Saturday, May 08, 2010

Earth-Friendly Mother's Day Gift

And also celebrate Mother Earth!
An eco-friendly and wallet-friendly gift find at Nordstrom Rack -- Aquis Essentials Microfiber Hair Towel. Of course I had to buy and try one for myself, right?

What I did find was a large 19" x 39" soft microfiber towel. Large enough to wrap easily around my head turban style. It absorbed so much water so quickly, I was able to cut my blow drying time by 2/3!
Added bonus, since your hair is clean, you can just hang to dry afterwards (it dries quickly even in Houston's humidity). I launder it every few times, however, but still line-drying. Since it is so lightweight, it's perfect for traveling and camping. I also love the reusable ziplocking plastic bag.
$9.97 at Nordstrom Rack - White and Celadon (Light Green) Hurry, there were still a few left. If they are gone, I think Bed, Bath & Beyond and Amazon also sell them.

2 comments:

becki-c said...

That looks neat! I am all for anything that saves me time in the mornings, I may have to pick one up. So, what do you think of 'The Rack"?

Peggy said...

I love The Rack - finding clothes there, no luck. But shoes, accessories, jewelry, gifts...! The Galleria one seems a bit smaller, probably because they are in the old Comp USA space - but still a good stop every once in awhile when the mood strikes. You just have to hit it right. Plano store is pretty good. The Boerne/N San Antonio is the best one of all I've ever been in!