Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thursday Tea Time


This week: Allegro Nilla Nut Dream
Cost: $4.99 at Whole Foods
Number of teabags: 20 - individually wrapped in paper envelopes. Odd, given that Whole Foods is all about less paper waste, but the box is designed with an alternative half-moon opening for individual dispensing. The teabag also has the drawstring feature to help force out the extra water - but it promptly pulled right out.
Caffeine: Yes
Type of tea: Black, organic
Steeping time: 3-5 minutes, I did 4
Double Dipper potential: Didn't try
Mix ins: Honey, milk, a sprinkle of cinnamon -- I sort of followed their directions for a "Tea Latte" to that extent, but not using their suggested two (!) teabags in 8 ounces.
Teabag fragrance: Very faint - vanilla, hazelnut, maple?
Ingredients: Organic black tea with vanilla, hazelnut, maple and cinnamon natural flavorings.
Taste: Smooth, but with an odd, bitter aftertaste
My opinion: I was surprised I wasn't that thrilled with it. I bought it for the idea of a "Tea Latte" and the cinnamon and maple flavorings, but didn't really taste anything outstanding. The surprisingly unpleasant aftertaste - : P
Rating: 0.5 teabags out of 5. 0.5 given only because it is organic and I like their idea of adding a sprinkle of cinnamon to the other teas I like. (Maybe even a dash of cocoa powder, too?)

No comments: