Monday, December 07, 2009

Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2010

After patiently waiting to no avail for Costco, I went to Sam's and found the new Cooking Light 2010 Annual Recipes for $19.27. (Costco's price for the 2009 book was $20.99 at the same suggested retail price of $34.95.) It has all the recipes from the 2009 magazine issues.

I know, if I subscribe, why do I want the book, too? For starters, space issues -- physical and mental. A year's worth of Cooking Light takes up lots more space than an 11" x 9" x 1" book. Then I tend to tear apart my issues, pulling the ones I want to try. If they were met with applause by the family, I insert them in a plastic protector page and put it in my recipe binder notebook. But inevitably, I will hear along the way about the fab recipe for Paprika Pork in the March issue, which is now long gone. Or even misplaced. Past issues of Cooking Light have been tossed in my car for carpool waiting and never made the return trip back inside the house. (The last thing I want to do or will forget after lugging bags of groceries into the house, in the rain is to go back for a magazine. I'll read it tomorrow!) Their website is fine, but with wonky Internet connections or not having immediate access to a printer, etc....more trouble than it's worth sometimes. Effortless, not effortful, right? And then I always pull and keep my November and December issues. Why? The covers are pretty and I like holiday things. I do the same with my Burda World of Fashion and Martha Stewart Living magazines, too. Anyhoo, my Cooking Light system is much easier and works just fine for my capacities and capabilities, which by now you are thinking are seriously diminished. So yes, I get excited when the annuals appear.

There is also a bound insert offer for 6 free issues of Cooking Light -- "12 issues plus 6 free issues for $10" In very tiny print it says plus sales tax. Not a bad deal, actually. The box code for this deal is CKBBG83 -- Sometimes if you have this code, you can renew your current subscription. I know this works for Everyday Food, maybe it will work for Cooking Light, too. Call their Customer Service number and give it a try.

No comments: