Wednesday, December 09, 2009

H(app)y Days - Info Apps


I just got an early Christmas present, an iPod Touch, and having a great time finding and using all those apps. Thought I would share with you some of the more interesting and fun ones I've discovered. Feel free to share any you have found, too!
Information apps, all free!
Google (Free)
Google Earth (Free) - This is just fun to play with, too.
Search Bing (Free) - The new Bing search engine. I use it as a backup, I'm still a Google girl.
Wikipanion (Free) - This is so much faster than my laptop!
Dial Zero (Free) - Skip all the steps and get a live person a lot faster for customer service.
AAA Discounts (Free) - I always forget about where I can use my AAA card for discounts. It will even update based upon your current location. And it has their great map and directions, too.
AccuWeather (Free) - There are lots of weather apps, but I like this one. It has lots of information. One complaint is that the radar doesn't work unless I'm on a super fast connection.
Yelp (Free) - I love Yelp. While most of the time you need to take the reviews with a grain of salt, it is a good way to find and try new places.

No comments: