Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sandra Betzina Today's Fit Vogue 1101 - Just Beachy edition


Another fun in the sun dress and a pretty beach cover up, too! However, when I tried it on this morning, I noticed the dress was dipping a bit center back. Because it tapered back to meet the side seam allowance at the front, I had no idea this was going on when I sewed the seams. I thought it was because of the bias and took the scissors to it to even it before hemming. The second dress was also longer in the back, but I didn't notice until I sewed this version -- It's not really that obvious. Curious, I matched the back to the front pattern pieces and saw that the center back was 1" longer. I don't know why - a design feature? Or if you have a booty and because it is on the the bias the extra prevents it from hiking up in back? For me - no booty, no more extra - I trimmed it to match the front piece curve. Ready to sew forth with #4 - I love this dress!

No comments: