Friday, June 19, 2009

Round Two - Sandra Betzina Today's Fit Vogue 1101


This time a shorter sundress version of Vogue 1101. The tunic length was too short as a dress on me, so I added 5" with the add on piece for View B. Two yards of trim sewn over the seam line added interest and covered the seam. Fabric used was a 100% cotton "Bright Palms Tropical" on sale at Jo-Ann's. Total price including the trim...and a spool of black thread - I can't believe I ran out of black thread!- less than $20 with tax. I tried Sandra's method of Thread Fuse for the hem and loved the result. I'll definitely use her technique again. Also good to note - Thread Fuse doesn't go bad - I found a spool tucked away in a drawer I must have bought at least ten years ago, probably from Nancy's Notions.

3 comments:

Maryissewfast said...

Beautiful dress!!! I just made a skirt with some remnants of that fabric (I am a remnant junkie) and love the colors in it.

~T~ said...

Very cute! and summery!

Peggy said...

I didn't realize there were Birds of Paradise scattered about until I was cutting out. I love the color combination!