Monday, May 25, 2009

Blackberry Ginger Sauce


Oooeee! I think I know why the blackberries were on sale - they were sour! Now I was stuck with plastic bags of them in the freezer and I needed the space. I decided to make a sauce to use with my Angel Clouds Biscuits (and a little bit of Bluebell Light Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream!). They were redeemed - a little bit of sugar (scant 1/4 cup), a pinch of powdered ginger (idea from Southern Living) a dribble of vanilla extract...heat to simmer, mash slightly and serve! Much better!

1 comment:

Lala said...

Hi Peggy!!! I always add a bit of sugar to the fruit... glad you sweetened things up!

Lala :o)

Good luck on the giveaway! CUTE FABRIC... but the LAST THING I need is MORE FABRIC... I've been sewing up simple twirl skirts and selling them on eBAy... have a goal to meet!!! :o)