Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Big-Ass Book of Crafts


Poor L, she has to reserve and then check out these books at the library where she volunteers! Despite the catchy title, this is a good book. And big, yes - 377 pages of over 150 creative craft ideas. It will be especially useful for the upcoming summer months...and college kids. There's lots of good ideas for dorm rooms, first apartments, just starting out, etc. Especially the cool window treatments. Many caught my eye such as the CD Jewel Case Notebook (to keep in my car - I had to write my insurance information the other day on my Swiffer coupon!), Punk Paper Lantern, Paper and Fabric Covered Hangers, Couture Envelopes, just to name a few of the many. I like author Mark Montano's theory of making your crafts "home-worthy" - worthy of your home, not just something burped out. Be sure to read the pages of things he used for the projects and resource list. I'm now on the lookout for loteria cards!

ISBN: 978-1-4169-3785-2, Library Call No. 745.5

No comments: