Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fast and Easy-Peasy Chocolate Pie Crust



I was trying a new recipe - chocolate sour cream cheesecake! - and I wanted to do a chocolate crumb crust. I thought I would try using these Nabisco 100 calorie Oreo Thin Crisps - chop them up in the food processor and add a little bit of butter. Three packages plus two tablespoons of melted butter yielded a nice crust for my 6 3/4" 2 cup Chantal pie plate. So I would imagine this box of 6 would do quite well for a regular pie plate size and four tablespoons of butter for future pie projects. You may even be able to cut back on the butter a little bit, just add slowly until you get a lightly moistened crumb texture. Even though the recipe didn't quite turn out as planned (I was cutting it in half and forgot and dumped the entire container of sour cream into the mixing bowl), the crust was yummy. Next time I will pay better attention, and make this crust again. HEB sells it for $2.19 and they had a $1 off coupon. Not a bad deal!

No comments: