Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Positive Negative

Giant Leaf Frog
Phyllomedusa bicolor
White gel pen on Canford Imperial paper, "Russian Green"


In class Monday, we worked on line drawings, using light gel pens on dark paper.  Positive and negative drawing.  Which took my brain more than several tries to wrap that concept around.   I literally wrote on the corner of the paper, "Pen - light, Green - dark"   Our teacher encouraged us to use different shapes/patterns to make the dark light.  (This is knocking my brain cells around even typing this now._  By the third try, this frog, I think I got the hang of it. And started to get over my fear of sketching without using a pencil and more importantly, an eraser.

I stocked up on supplies today to practice some more. . .

A little difficult to find jelly gel pens in white and in stock.  (Apparently the best ones are the Uniball Signo White Gel Pens-Broad UM 153...Update 3-12:   Found at Texas Art Supply today for $2.80)   However, the gold and silver "Sunburst" metallic by Pentel from Office Depot looked nice.  And on a whim I went into Tuesday Morning next door and took a $3.99 chance on these American Crafts Galaxy markers.  I liked them a lot! 



No comments: