Thursday, August 07, 2014

Thursday Tea Time - Breakfast Served All Day - Part 3

This week - Revolution English Breakfast Tea


Cost:   $2.99 at Ross (!) in New Braunfels, Texas
Number of teabags:  16 individual "infusers" stored inside a resealable foil pouch
Caffeine:   Yes
Type of tea:    Black
Ingredients:   Ceylon and Assam black teas
Steeping time:   3 minutes
Add ins:   Splash of Natural Bliss cream
Fragrance:  Fruity
Opinion:   I seem to have become addicted to English Breakfast tea for my first cup of tea in the morning.  They have a nice kick and good flavor.  (Sometimes in the morning, a caramel tea is not tops on your list.  I prefer those in the afternoon or evening to keep me from the cookie jar/cake & pie pan.) This is a pretty good, split-the-difference English Breakfast tea between Trader Joe's and Harney & Sons.    Not as smokey as H & S, not a lightweight like TJ's.   It has a very pleasant malty aftertaste, too.  And yes, I did find this at Ross!  They do carry teas at very reasonable prices.  I found this one near the checkout counter.  And the expiration date is January 2016, just in case you are thinking, as I did, it must be close to it.   Not only can you Dress for Less at Ross, but Drink Tea for Less at Ross.
Rating:  3.75

Brews to a pretty color in three minutes


No comments: