Sunday, June 29, 2014

Biblical Proportions

Of the almost 3 inch size!




This is/was an antique Bible I had as a little girl.  I bought it for 50 cents at an antique show when I was six years old.  It had several little illustrations throughout.  I remember being so excited it was over 100 years old!   I had no idea then miniature books were so collectible.    (Though I did like my mid/late 1960's Big Little Books.)
Depending upon different sources, its value has increased to $50-$200.  Not a bad investment!  It was printed in Sandbornton, New Hampshire in 1835 and gifted on June 25, 1840.  Here's an interesting article about Sandbornton.







I recently gave it to a friend of mine whose birthday was the day after this was inscribed (not the year!)  and is studying to become a Deacon.

No comments: