Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday Tea Time

This week - Pukka Licorice & Cinnamon Organic Herbal Tea

Cost:  $6.99 at Whole Foods Market (Arbor Trails), Austin, Texas
(Also online at Amazon)
Number of teabags:  20
Caffeine:  No
Type of tea:   Herbal
Steeping time:  5-6 minutes
Add ins:  Actually none needed!  This tea stands alone just fine.  Hello iced tea!  Though the Natural Bliss Vanilla and Sweet Cream make this a great tea latte, too.
Tea fragrance:   Cinnamon
Ingredients:   Licorice root (25%), cocoa bean, roasted chicory root, cardamom seed, cinnamon bark (15%), fennel seed.
Opinion:  Fortunately I have a hubby who indulges my crazy tea searches, and checking out grocery stores/different Whole Foods, and he likes licorice - so he found this, and I'm glad he did.  This is really, really good!  First you get the cinnamon kick and then the two-seconds later punch of licorice.  Wow!  And no caffeine so I can have this after dinner to effectively dismiss my dessert/carbing desires.   Pukka makes great teas - see my earlier blog post for their Green Chai  And bonus they are all organic, too.
Rating:  5+

2 comments:

becki-c said...

What an interesting flavor combination! I actually can't imagine it.
Hmmm

Peggy said...

They play nicely together! : )